Verse of the Day

8/16/2005

Topic of the Day: Living Holy Lives

Prayer of the Day: Psa 51:10-11 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (11) Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Devotion of the Day: The natural will is cold, hard iron, which is not to be hammered into form, but the renewed will, like molten metal, is soon moulded by the hand of grace. In the fleshy heart there is a tenderness of the affections. The hard heart does not love the Redeemer, but the renewed heart burns with affection towards Him. The hard heart is selfish and coldly demands, "Why should I weep for sin? Why should I love the Lord?" But the heart of flesh says; "Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee; help me to love Thee more!" Read the rest of this devotion by CH Spurgeon here.

Sermon of the Day: Listen to a the first sermon in a series on Holy Living by Dr Joe Stowell of Moody Bible here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home