Verse of the Day

10/06/2005

Prayer of the Day: Psa 25:1-7 A Psalm of David. Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. (2) O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. (3) Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. (4) Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. (5) Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. (6) Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. (7) Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
Visit a Quite Space for Prayer

Daily Devotional
After 20 years, I realize that the marriage, not the wedding, was the real miracle. Anyone can have a wedding, but only God can create a marriage. One definition of wed is "to cause to adhere devotedly or stubbornly." For some couples, "stubborn" is a more accurate description of their relationship than "devoted." God has in mind something much better for us than a stubborn refusal to divorce. The union of marriage is so strong that we become "one flesh." God wants marriage to be the way it was when He first created Eve from Adam (Genesis 2:21-24). That's what Jesus was explaining to the Pharisees when they asked Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?" (Matthew 19:3). Jesus replied, "A man shall . . . be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" (v.5). To pledge your life to another is indeed an act of faith that requires belief in miracles. Thankfully, God is in the business of creating marriages.
Our Daily Bread->>

Sermon of the Day: Words From the Cross->> by Dr. James Boice.

From the Pastor: We are excited and looking forward to our outreach ministry on Saturday: please be in prayer for souls to be saved and added to the church. We are also looking forward to starting our Living Free ministry on Monday at 7:00 PM with our first Insight Group small group Bible study. I know that God is going to richly bless all those who participate.

God Bless You- Pastor Sam Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home