Verse of the Day

2/28/2006

Prayer of the Day: Psa 23:4-5 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Visit a Quite Space for Prayer

Daily Devotional
Police found it hard to believe, but an unarmed housewife captured three burglars singlehandedly. The woman had come home and found three men loading household items into their car parked in her driveway. She pulled her van behind their car and then ordered the men to carry her belongings back into the house and sit on the couch until the police arrived. Later, when asked why they didn't escape, she replied, "The Lord was with me. . . . I wasn't going to move my van so they could get away. What was I to do? Run away?" The apostle Paul also showed unusual courage. His friends probably thought he was being reckless when he insisted on going to Jerusalem after he had been warned of the danger that awaited him (Acts 21:11-13). A strong argument could be made for him to delay his trip. After all, on another occasion he had escaped from danger (9:23-25). Yet Paul knew what he had to do. With unwavering determination he courageously headed for Jerusalem. It's not easy to know when such boldness is wise or foolish. Only the Spirit can show us. But one thing is sure, Christians have reason to be courageous. God is our helper. And when we rely on Him, He'll enable us to stand firm no matter what danger we may face.
Our Daily Bread->>

Sermon of the Day: Don't Be Afraid to Fear God ->> by Tony Evans.

From the Pastor: Praise the Lord. God is continuing to move and touch lives in our services. Let's continue to pray that there will be a greater and greater move of the Holy Spirit in our church!

God Bless You- Pastor Sam Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home